definition, business ethics are the moral principles that act as guidelines for the way a business conducts itself and its transactions. In many ways, the same guidelines that individuals use to conduct themselves in an acceptable way – in personal and professional settings – apply to businesses as well.
Many companies make the mistake of assuming that their staff understands what “Good Business Ethics” are, and are disappointed when un-ethical behaviour is discovered. Is this necessarily fair to come down hard on un-ethical behaviour when the standards a company sets are not clearly explained in a formal training environment?
After successfully completing this course, you will
• have acquired a basic business ethics vocabulary
• be able to assimilate the importance of business ethics (the business case for ethics)
• understand the ethical foundation of governance
• be cognisant of the role of an organisation’s board for building a culture of ethics
• be able to describe the governance of ethics process
• be able to explain the role of codes of ethics within the ethics management process
• appreciate the importance of sound ethical decision making
• be able to describe an ethical decision-making tool, and
• be able to apply the ethical decision-making tool to cases that require ethical decision making.
Visit our website www.newoakscollege.com
This course will cover a range of topics related to business ethics and corporate governance, including implementation processes, and the monitoring and evaluation of these.
This course will benefit recently appointed board members, company secretaries, managers and individuals who are responsible for promoting business ethics and sound corporate governance practice in an organisation.
Corporate ethics and values are extremely important at every company and having a strong knowledge of ethical principles is key to jobs in management, human resources, business development and other areas. Compliance officers and investigators ensure that companies and employees are operating within their defined codes of conduct. Enroll in free ethics courses to explore this important field and see if a career in business ethics is right for you.
Business ethics training impacts all levels of business. It will impact all who interact with the business including customers, staff members, suppliers, competitors, etc. All of these groups will have an influence on the way business ethics are developed. It’s a 2-way street; the impact goes both ways which makes an understanding of business ethics an extremely essential element of doing business today. Ethics is extremely essential, as news can now spread faster as well as further than ever before.